Sierra Ventures is thrilled that portfolio company Phenom – the world’s most widely used AI-powered talent experience platform – raised a $100M Series D! Managing Partner Tim Guleri and Principal Vignesh Ravikumar invested in the company back in 2015 when brothers Mahe Bayireddi and Hari Bayireddy were raising their Series A.
In this fireside chat, you’ll hear the Phenom founding story, learn about the motivation behind the company, and get the background on what brothers are building in Philadelphia.
- 2:25 – how Phenom created a new category around Talent Relationship Marketing, and why they eventually moved into Talent Experience Management.
- 3:40 – why the brothers decided to start the company and Phenom’s overarching mission.
- 5:25 – what it’s like to run a company with family members and how Mahe and Hari navigate decisions when they’re not on the same page.
- 7:40 – what to look for when hiring somebody and how to build and grow a world-class management team.
- 10:29 – advice for founders when it comes to the role of the Board of Directors and the shape the Board takes over time.
- 14:23 – biggest pieces of advice Mahe and Hari would give to entrepreneurs raising their Seed or Series A right now.
- 16:15 – how to keep focused and run a business efficiently, especially in today’s market environment.
- 18:19 – where Phenom sees the company going over the next 5 to 10 years.