PR experts with backgrounds in media, agencies, startups, and content strategy participated in a PR for Startups Workshop session for Sierra Ventures Portfolio Companies.
In this video recording of the Workshop you will learn about:
- How to communicate with reporters and what they look for when startups/founders reach out directly
- Funding announcements, the current media landscape, and best practices for successful short-term engagements with PR firms
- When to hire a PR firm on retainer, what to look for in an agency, and what to expect when working with a PR firm long-term
- When to hire PR/Comms in-house at a startup and what to look for when interviewing talent
- How startups can create better content on their own
Check out our PR Tips for Startups Blog for more tips from our Speakers.
Looking for tips on Analyst Relations? Check out our Effective Analyst Relations for Startups blog post.
Allie joined Sierra Ventures in 2019 to lead Marketing efforts for the firm and partner with portfolio companies to drive awareness and provide insights on their marketing strategy. Allie has a background in business and marketing strategy, working with early-stage startups, agencies, venture firms, nonprofits, and political campaigns. Her experience includes forming and running a nonprofit, working as VP of Marketing at a Blockchain company, working in the Entertainment Industry, and managing Fortune 500 business accounts in the gaming and entertainment space. Allie holds a BA in Communication Studies from UCLA and is also a certified Yoga and Meditation teacher. Outside of work she enjoys traveling, hiking, cooking, and reading.